San Antonio Asbestos & Mesothelioma Attorney
Demand Full Justice After Toxic Exposure-Related Illness
Asbestos is a chemical compound that exists naturally as silicate minerals, but most importantly, it is considered to be a composite of carcinogenic fibrous materials. Because of its texture, strength, and heat-resistant characteristics, it is often used in industrial settings.
Asbestos is commonly used in many industrial and commercial applications, including:
- Talc and other cosmetic products
- In construction, such as in insulation, roofing, and other building materials such as in cement
- Product manufacturing, especially plastics, automobiles, and shipbuilding
- Secondary ingredients in common building products such as adhesives, coatings, primers, and paints
Though there have been well-known risks associated with exposure to asbestos for centuries, it was not until recently that local, state, and federal regulations have been placed in an effort to protect workers from asbestos exposure. Because asbestos is widely known as a cause of mesothelioma, cancer, and other respiratory illnesses, you must speak with a professional if you believe your diagnosis was related to toxic exposure.
Our San Antonio personal injury lawyers are here to listen to your story and make your voice heard. Contact The Daspit Law Firm right away to learn how we can help you.
Is asbestos exposure related to a mesothelioma diagnosis?
There are many proven studies that have established links between asbestos exposure and mesothelioma diagnosis. If you are experiencing any of the following symptoms, you may need to undergo immediate medical treatment to determine if asbestos exposure may have played a role in your illness. Symptoms have been known to arise anywhere from immediate exposure to 50 years after initial exposure.
Though pains differ on a case-by-case basis, common symptoms include:
- Unexplained swelling in chest, abdomen, torso, or testicle
- Shortness of breath and difficulty breathing
- Blood clotting or reduced count of red blood cells
- Fever and persistent fatigue
- Unexplainable painful coughing or breathing
- Sudden lumps under the skin (usually found on the torso)
- Sudden and unexplainable weight loss
Whether you were able to catch your mesothelioma diagnosis early or you are suffering with advanced stages of cancer, you must know that you are not alone in your fight. While you may have the support of family and friends, you can also have a hard-hitting legal advocate in your corner. Even in the midst of trial and hardship, trust that you can have a compassionate support system in The Daspit Law Firm.
Why You Need to Work with Our San Antonio Personal Injury Lawyers
Though you may have the pain, injury, or diagnosis to prove that a serious illness correlates with consistent exposure to asbestos, this is unfortunately not enough if you are in pursuit of financial damages. Courts will require significant proof when establishing a link between your mesothelioma diagnosis and exposure to asbestos, due to work-related duties or other possible exposures.
Our asbestos and mesothelioma attorneys in San Antonio are adept at exposing links between asbestos-related mesothelioma diagnoses:
- Establishing that mesothelioma, cancer, or other related illnesses resulted from exposure to asbestos
- Supporting our claim by obtaining the appropriate medical records, receipts, or other expense reports related to your attempts to treat the illness
- Proving an employer failed to exercise reasonable care and put you and / or other employees in danger by demanding the use of asbestos in a work-related duty
- Establishing the length of time that you were exposed to asbestos and correlating that amount of time with the degree or severity of your diagnosis
- Obtaining testimonies, records, reports, or other sources of evidence that prove other co-workers have contracted mesothelioma due to similar exposure to asbestos
As a former defense lawyer, Attorney John Daspit understands the various complex layers that often comprise an asbestos and mesothelioma claim. He has logged thousands of hours while representing major corporate accounts and other high-profile matters, including the BP refinery explosion in 2005. Because he has been personally involved in matters that have garnered mainstream media attention, he brings the necessary level of experience and skill when advocating against any opponent.
The Daspit Law Firm: Proud Advocates of Injured Workers & Victims in Texas
Whether you are participating in a class action lawsuit or simply stepping forward individually, you deserve high-quality legal representation at this time. Our San Antonio mesothelioma and asbestos lawyers proudly represent workers from all industries and individuals from all backgrounds. We strongly believe that justice is blind, and without fear or reservation, we work tirelessly to help our clients secure the favorable outcome they deserve.
At The Daspit Law Firm, you will never be charged for upfront legal fees. All mesothelioma and asbestos claims are handled contingent on our ability to help you obtain compensation. This means our clients will have the comfort of knowing they are being represented by a San Antonio personal injury lawyer who has personally invested in their case - from beginning to end.
We know your rights and we are ready to use our experience to your benefit. Call today or request a free consultation to learn more about your potential options at this time.